The need for decolonization in activist spaces and communities is the one thing that should be prioritized. Non-profit and non-governmental organizations receive most of their funding from western countries, […]
- It is a fact that women and girls are the most impacted when disasters or emergencies arise.
- African women deserve to be represented in decision-making circles.
- Survivor-led movements are essential in order for women and girls to thrive.
- African women, girls, and youth must truly believe that they deserve to thrive.
- Sustainable development requires community engagement in decision-making and ownership of the implementation processes.
As a native of West Pokot County in Kenya, I have a deeply personal connection to the challenges posed by Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and child marriage within my community. […]
Understanding FGM/C Female Genital Mutilation and Cutting (FGM/C) is a practice that is still occurring in about 30 African countries, as well as across the Middle East and Asia. It […]