Gender discrimination has been a long-standing crisis in Egypt for far too long. With the 80th Session of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) taking place this month, we urge the Egyptian government to commit to promoting and protecting the rights of women and girls, and […]
- It is a fact that women and girls are the most impacted when disasters or emergencies arise.
- African women deserve to be represented in decision-making circles.
- Survivor-led movements are essential in order for women and girls to thrive.
- African women, girls, and youth must truly believe that they deserve to thrive.
- Sustainable development requires community engagement in decision-making and ownership of the implementation processes.
The creative manufacturing and handmade sector is the second largest employer in developing countries. The African continent is renowned for its diverse culture and heritage. Many handmade artisans in rural Africa contribute to the development of their regions by crafting unique products for the local and international markets. These products are not limited […]
In my home country of Nigeria, there’s always been an eerie silence surrounding gender-based violence (GBV). GBV can be described as any act of violence that is directed at a person or a group of people based on their gender. It is deeply rooted in patriarchy and gender inequality and can be in […]